Re: Thnkpad T42 wireless

Il giorno sab, 08/04/2006 alle 16.46 -0400, Matthew Saltzman ha scritto:
> On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, G. Vincent Castellano wrote:

> > I start the network configuration GUI with 'sudo neat', with the Devices tab
> > selected, hit New.  Select Woreless connection, then hit Forward.  In Select
> > Wireless Device, only "Other Wireless Card" is available.  With this selected, I
> > hit Forward and get the dialog titled Select Ethernet Adapter.  The Adapter
> > dropdown menu appears to contain only wired ethernet devices (including NE2000).
> >
> > If I back up to the Select Device Type screen and select Ethernet Connection,
> > hen go forward, the 2200BG is available in the list of devices to select, but
> > the dialog doesn't give me a chance to enter the network params.

> First: http://www.ces.clemson.edu/linux/fc5_setup.shtml.
> More advanced: http://www.ces.clemson.edu/linux/fc2-ipw2200.shtml
> NetworkManager: http://www.ces.clemson.edu/linux/nm.shtml

G.Vincent has described the _exact_ thing that happens to me with the
Intel 2100 mini-PCI wireless nic of my Acer TM803LMi laptop.

I've also visited the ces.clemenson.edu steps but all i've got it's a
"connection led" on "yes" on my modem/router, a ping between the laptop
and the modem/router and _nothing_ more.

I have a static IP address policy and tried to set it on the wireless
nic with the help of system-config-manager.

Maybe we should write a policy, a list of task to follow to get NM to
work.

In the meantime, if one doesn't need WPA encryption maybe can try
wlanassistant or NetGo (this last one used with success on a SUSE box).

thanks

--
nicola .:kOoLiNuS:. losito
http://koolinus.wordpress.com     http://www.koolinus.net

"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy."
Linux Registered User #293182