Thnkpad T42 wireless

I have FC5 on an IBM ThinkPad T42.  Packages are updated as of noon today.

The 'neat' network admin utility does not recognize this machine's built-in
wireless adapter as wireless, but treats it as wired ethernet card, so there is
no provision for entering wireless params.  The WLan adapter is Intel
Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG.

Another minor issue is that the ipw2200 module does not load properly at boot
time, but there is no problem if the modprobe ipw2200 is in S99local.

I start the network configuration GUI with 'sudo neat', with the Devices tab
selected, hit New.  Select Woreless connection, then hit Forward.  In Select
Wireless Device, only "Other Wireless Card" is available.  With this selected, I
hit Forward and get the dialog titled Select Ethernet Adapter.  The Adapter
dropdown menu appears to contain only wired ethernet devices (including NE2000).

If I back up to the Select Device Type screen and select Ethernet Connection,
hen go forward, the 2200BG is available in the list of devices to select, but
the dialog doesn't give me a chance to enter the network params.

It looks like the 2200BG is flagged as a wireD ethernet device and we just need
to designate it as wireLESS.  I poked around in the
/usr/share/system-config-network tree but didn't see anything that might help.

What's my next step?
--gvc