Re: Wiring help?

Tim wrote:
On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 10:26 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:

In our city, plenum rated cables have to be used in anything that has any type of air access. If you bring the cables out in any way to a patch panel, they have to be plenum rated.

In one sense, that does sound a bit silly.  I mean, is the equipment the
cables run into also made out of similarly fire retardent, and non-toxic
fume generating, plastic?

But in many cases, don't some rules seem silly?

The issue as I see it, if there is a fire, the cable cannot be a method of transferring the fire into the walls via the insulation. In case a cable ends up having to run in a drop ceiling or there is a construction change down the road. All the cables are the same standard.

--
Robin Laing