Re: Boot Loader recovery

M.K wrote:

    The drive is  hdb1.
    After finding the drive, I tried again what i did before.

    first i tried:   chroot /mnt/sysimage
    then tried : grub-install /dev/hdb1
    This the messages I got:
    Installation finished. No error reported. This is the contents of
    the device map  /boot/grub/device.map.
    check if this is correct or not . if any of the lines is incorrect,
    fix it ant re-run the script
     ' grub-install'.
    (fd0) dev/fdo
    (hd0) /dev/hdb

You might try installing grub to /dev/hdb - The installer usually installs to the master boot record instead of installing to the first partition. Also the partition where grub is installer should be set to the active partition. If you are installing grub to hdb1, it should be marked active.

Jim

--
"I never let my schooling get in the way of my education."
-- Mark Twain