Re: Boot Loader recovery

I went to the  linux rescue mode, then in
the  /mnt/sysimage
I tried :
/sbin/grub-install /dev/hda
I got this error:
/sbin/grub: Not fund

any help
Thanks

On 3/31/06, yonas abraham <yonas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Styma, Robert E (Robert) wrote:
>> M.K wrote:
>>
>>> I have Suse's CDs.
>>> How could I use suse's feature to fix Grub, when I have FC3
>>>
>> installed.
>>
>>> Could you explain more detail.
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>> If you lost your grub boot loader, you could follow the
>> following step
>> to recover it
>>
>> 1) reboot to the CD1 or DVD
>> 2) hit F5
>> 3) on the command line type   linux rescue
>>  it should find your Fedora installed system and enter
>> 4)chroot /mnt/sysimage
>>  5)/sbin/grub-install /dev/hda
>>  that should put Grub back to MBR.
>>

> I believe the procedure outlined above is the same procedure you
> can use with the Fedora Boot install CD.
> That is what I have done after upgrading to a new hard drive
> to reinstall grub.
>
> Bob Styma

Opps, The instruction I provided above is using Fedora CD1 or DVD. I
have never used SUSE CD's

--
Yonas Abraham, PhD
Registered Linux user number 407343               http://counter.li.org