Re: SElinux

Sorry i came to late to this issue again,

but i have an FC5, updated from an FC4 both with SELinux on,

and had no problem with Flashplugin or with mplayer both of them working good here.

The only problem i had was with Squid, wich worked well with my FC4 but after updating it stop working with parents/siblings it did the inquiries with UDP 3130 but after having a UPD_HIT answer it was not able to ask the object with TCP 3138, until I disable SELinux on Squid.

The other problem i had was with Cacti that on another FC4 i have, Cacti was not able to draw the graphs as it was installed on

/usr/share/
and the rrdtool was not able to read and/or the /usr/share/cacti/rra directory I think as Apache user. I had to disable SELinux on that box, as i had no time to study more on it to know if it was an option of configuring it to make it work.

maybe disabling only Apache from SELinux

I have a good firewall and denyhosts daemon on that server so security as far as i think i working.

hope it helps.

regards.

Guillermo.

Leon wrote:
Thank you Craig and Kam. However selinux will disable flash plugin for
firefox, prevent mplayer from playing .mkv files, etc. All of these
are quite essential for desktop users.