How to activate euro key?

Hi all,

I've been trying to activate the euro key on the keyboard of my Acer
Ferrari 4005 laptop without any success. Here's what I did:

In the console I press the euro key:

atkdb.c: Unknown key pressed (translated set 2, code 0xb3 on
isa0060/serio0)
atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes e033 <keycode>' to make it known

Pressing the dollar key generates the same message except that it has a
scancode of e034.

Following the advice found at
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Gentoo_Acer_Ferrari_4005WLMi_Manual#Special_Keys
I added the setkeycodes line in /etc/rc.d/rc.local. So it has e033 205
and e034 166. I have no idea what the 205 and 166 values mean and why
the author choose them, couldn't find any info about it either.

When I boot the laptop, the dollar key works fine but when I press the
euro key it does get printed but the laptop immediately goes into some
kind of suspend. I need to hard reset the laptop to get out of that
state.

Anyone have a clue how I can make this work properly?

Thanks and regards,
Patrick