Re: fc5: install everything?

Tim wrote:
If you really want to install everything, and it won't work, it's
child's play:  CD into the RPMs folder, and do:  rpm -i *.rpm

It will attempt to install all RPMs, there will be no difficulty for you
to try this (no options to pick, no variations), and it will fail.
That's because it's missing that important feature that we're expecting from a distribution - integration.

Seriously. I'm expecting the fedora teams to sort out licensing. I'm expecting fedora teams to sort out configuration defaults. I'm expecting them to make reasonable decisions about which available service in a choice of services will be the best choice, (sendmail vs whatever else).

I didn't say I wanted a system that wasn't integrated. I want the integration that has been done so well on redhat and fedora releases for years. I just want it on fc5 too.

--rich