Re: fc5: install everything?

Leitl:
>>> The point it took to click one checkbox to install a shitload of packages.
>>> User attention is a scarce resource.

Tim:
>> Yes, it is, start paying attention...  I said, and I'm quoting from

Eugen:
> I pegged you for a troll right away. You're making it too easy.

Nice try, the one being a "troll" (romping into a list and arguing
against the facts, because you don't like it), is you.  If you want to
continue your stupid argument about the "everything" installation, go
and argue with the people who're responsible for the installation
routines.  We all know just how far you're going to get, and that's
because of you being a twit, not them.

>> others, that the everything option didn't install "everything".  It
>> installed *lots* of things, but it did *not* install *every* single RPM
>> that was available.  There are numerous reasons for this, I don't care

> I'm not interested in your strawmen.

It's not a "strawman" it's a fact.  It never installed everything, if
you think it did, you're seriously mistaken.  You're deluded if you
think otherwise.  None of us care whether you can't understand reasons
and explanations, you've demonstrated you're a pigheaded idiot quite
definitely by now.

>> If you really want to install everything, and it won't work, it's
>> child's play:  CD into the RPMs folder, and do:  rpm -i *.rpm

> If you really want want to make nonconstructive comments, it's
> a child's play, *plonk*

If you think that's non-constructive, you're a complete idiot.  I gave
you a single command line that COULD install everything.  But it won't,
and the rest of us know the reasons why.  Apparently you cannot see
this.

>>> Please stop rationalizing deficits being features. They're not.

>> Stop expecting everything to be precisely what you want, it's not going

> Stop pretending to speak for Fedora users. You most emphatically don't.

Pot, kettle, black.  You're the one attempting to say what everyone
wants (everything install), I'm just explaining why it isn't there.  If
you can't handle the truth, it's pity help you.

>> to happen.  Take your fingers out of your ears and pay attention to the
>> thread that has explained all of this, in excruciating detail, over the
>> last few weeks.  Those who've created the installation process
>> understand the problems, even if you do not.

> Idiots like you are responsible for user experience degradation.
> Thanks for turning back the Linux clock.

The one being an idiot here, is you.  Everyone else can see it, even if
you can't.  And thanks to the archiving of the list they can see it for
all time.  You've had your points refuted by facts, you've blithely
ignored all advice about the issue, and carried on a petulant rant about
not being able to get your own way.

There is absolutely nothing stopping users from trying out any package
that they want to, nor from having a look through the list of available
files and descriptions for what they do.  No user is going to try out
every package, and you're a real fool if you think any one person can.
You're also quite stupid if you don't understand the nasty experience
that will be inflicted upon new users who did try to install everything
then pick up the pieces.

I read messages from the public lists.