Re: UOL Anti spam is back, again...

Les Mikesell wrote:
On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 02:18, Tim wrote:

I have no desire for private mail from a
public list (typically such things are by mistake, or because someone
wants to behave in a manner that wouldn't be tolerated in public),

Well, no, it's because from the beginning internet mail lists
used the sender's 'From:' and the replier was expected to
since changed the list behavior but there is still a good
argument that the original way was correct.  (The argument
goes that you should expect email to be private and having
a private message exposed in pubic is a worse problem than
the reverse.)

[snip]

If it's an argument you want, they try this same discussion
over on Debian. :->

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.