Re: VERY OT, But this guy really needs help (PT clobbered)

On 2/17/06, Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was hoping there was someone who knows what the layout of
> the "geometry" record is, and whether we can figure out what
> got clobbered, maybe repair it.

Well, parted will "fix" it if it is fixable.  The thing is that the
logical drives inside an extended partition were reassigned while
using cfdisk.  I feel that the logical versus physical layout of the
disk was compromised and all that is left now is disaster recovery.

I personally would try a DOS-based Partition program like BootIT NG to
see if I could save the partition layout.  I have been very successful
using BING on systems where I moved the primaries around along with
the logica drives (so long as they were kept together.)

I do not know of a application that will successfully pull a logical
drive out of a hosed Extended partition.

--
WC Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/