VERY OT, But this guy really needs help

Over on the Debian lists is a guy who clobbered his partitions
last night, late. I spent a few hours poring over his information
trying to get things back for him, but couldn't. I used to be
quite expert on how MSDOS uses partitions, but I'm not much on
how Linux does it. I gave him just about my best effort, but
AFAICT he's stuck. I can't see where anything bad should have
happened, but it did. He can't mount /home any more, he's on
the road away from his backups, and he needs his laptop today
to do some work.

Can anyone here help? If you can, please respond both to
me and to onemorenut@xxxxxxxxx and keep me in the loop.

Thanks so much...

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.