Re: VERY OT, But this guy really needs help (PT clobbered)

Actually ...

On 2/17/06, Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't see any reason cfdisk needed to write to his /home
> partition, even to rewrite the geometry information.

cfdisk should not have changed anything -- but I believe the system is
confused now because the client has changed the hda5/6 to hda7/8 ?

> > Here's my partition table now, in a couple different formats:
> >
> >                                  cfdisk 2.11u

Originally this was more or less a Debian issue but I feel it is
migrating toward a Knoppix/toolset problem -- I would be of very
little help -- I have never used Knoppix and have heard bad things
about cfdisk -- so I must bow out.

Sorry.
--
WC Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/