Re: Two ways Microsoft sabotages Linux desktop adoption

> > #4 My comment about WinXP running like a dog was predicated on Windows
> > 98 era systems...i.e. =< 128Mb RAM, =< 600Mhz Pentium III and evidently
>
> Umm, I have a Pentium 90HMz 32MB machine which runs Win98 like a champ,
> but just barely chugs with Linux. I haven't loaded WinXP on that
> machine. Linux takes about 30 minutes to boot (Knoppix). I'm not sure
> XP would fit.

XP would die.

Suggest netBSD for that ancient box, if you are interested in really
using it. (Unless, of course you have an aging aunt using the box with
dialup and only seeing the web through a non-MSIE browser that does not
do javascript or active-xxx.)