Re: [powersave-devel] Re: Powersave daemon and KPowersave packages available for FC4

on 01/29/2006 04:54 AM Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 02:13:40AM -0500, oleksandr korneta wrote:
>
>> gkrellm-powersave works fine (I must point that since I'm using fluxbox
>> then this is the only option for me instead of kpowersave). I can switch
>>  between performance/powersave/dynamic modes, and battery indicator
>> works as well. Also powersave [-xasbBSTr*] works fine and gives a nice
>> output.
>
> OMG! I feared that this would happen some time! Somebody else than me
> is using gkrellm-powersave! ;-)
>
> Gkrellm-powersave is really a dirty hack and i apologize in advance for
> any pain you might endure while reading the code.
> This does not mean that it does not work - it works well for me - but it
> probably has lots of unneeded debug-printf's and other useless stuff.
I didnt look into the code yet, But I certainly will. I have some ideas about possible improvement.

> If there are problems with gkrellm-powersave, make sure to try out the
> latest svn trunk tarball from
> http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/svn/svnbrowse.php?repname=powersave
> i usually try to do a "release" everytime i need to fix anything after
> changes in powersave but you never know :-)

the only problem to me now is the battery indicator. I can switch between the percentage mode and time mode, but I don`t see the way how to adjust the time mode. Means, where to specify the maximum time my laptop can run on batteries.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./