Re: Powersave daemon and KPowersave packages available for FC4

On Sat 21. Jan 23:31:36, oleksandr korneta wrote:
> on 01/18/2006 10:23 AM Holger Macht wrote:
> >JFYI,
> >
> >I'm glad to announce that I just finished building the first
> >Powersave[1][2] and KPowersave[2][3] packages for Fedora Core 4 in hope to
> >make some laptop users happy ;-)
> I cant wait to try. If this can help me to solve my problems with
> suspend to RAM I will be really happy. I heard a lot about how nice it
> is made in SUSE, and almost was ready to wipe fc from my laptop in favor
> of SUSE... This is going to be the last chance. Just wondering  	if
> it will be possible to rebuild powersave-0.11.2-1.FC4.src.rpm for x86_64
> platform.

Should be no problem to use it on x86_64 architecture. I just have to find
a x86_64 machine and setup FC4 on it. Hopefully I will have the time this
week...

But please have in mind that Suspend to RAM widely depends on the hardware
and acpi implementations. We do a lot for integration and work around
known problems, but unfortunatelly, often we cannot do anything...

> >Please report all issues (no matter what) on
> >powersave-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or drop me a mail.
>
> Be sure I will. I'm also going to report the progress in here.

Thanks,
	Holger