Re: 'GPL encumbrance problems'

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 17:35, Andy Green wrote:

> That's why these complaints seem really churlish to me, ignoring the
> boon to you and only complaining about your contribution back.

I don't recall mentioning any contributions or lack thereof.  My
complaint is as an end user, not being able to have certain
things in addition to the GPL'd parts for the incremental cost
of adding them.  Or more realistically, being forced to use
Windows or OSX for many tasks because the functionality can't
legally be added to Linux.  I realize that the choices have
already been made - I just don't understand why anyone else
thinks it is a good thing.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx