Re: Is this real or spam

Elliot Lee wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Is the message below real or spam.

Yes, it's real. I want I can't e-mail the whole list at once, because then
it winds up unread in people's "pile of mailing lists that never get
read", and it's also harder to track who has responded from the sample.

If you don't care one way or another, you're free to disgregard it. I just
hate criticism that Fedora is not open or transparent enough, so when I
saw a chance to ask people's opinions, I jumped on it. Sorry if anyone was
offended.
In much the same way I'd rather not have Elliot call me at home or show up on my front door, I rather not have messages like this sent to me separate from the list. I didn't sign up to the list to suggest that anyone on the list, whether they are part of the Fedora organization or not, use my personal address in this manner. If some private company fed the list addresses into their computer and sent solicitations for donations, I would be unhappy and wish I hadn't joined the list -- this was not part of the agreement. I think the proper place for something like this is on one of the several official Fedora pages, which presumably most of us read. The problem with this kind of message is that it is impossible to distinguish from spam or a scam, so it ends up being more internet noise. Even if on the up-and-up, it makes no particular point, comes to no particular conclusion, and therefore is a waste of time to read.

Greg