kino, is it working ?

Hi,

I just bought a video camera today and wanted to try kino.
Unfortunately kino keeps on hanging, even if I want to play a captured DV
file. I so far managed to capture to file once (all other times the app just
frooze) and playing this captured file in kino leads to hanging of the
application. The captured file plays well in xine though.
Also moving the timeline through the file in kino works, but as soon as I hit
play, kino hangs.

Has anyone got this working on a 64bit AMD ?
Are there any other applications for Linux that can do a similar job ?

Regards,
Marcel