Re: [Fedora] Re: X-related questions

Rick Stevens wrote:

That's typically a network lag issue or a depth problem with your
vncviewer client.  Try it again, or try some of the vncviewer options
such as "-PreferredEncoding <encode-type>" and "-UseLocalCursor" and
see if that helps.
Hmm, this connection is going over a Gigabit network, both machines on the same net and everything is blazing along. I mean, program windows open and close just as if I'm at the console itself, there's no lag (that I can discern at least.) As for depth, maybe. The vnc client is set to use millions of colors, just as the server itself is.

One would assume that if it was either of the above, I would've noticed it with the Remote Desktop utility as well, no? I didn't. Remote Desktop worked flawlessly (with the exception that I needed to be logged in for it to work. With VNC I don't have to be.)

   -- A

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130