Re: OT: Should I learn bash/C/python/perl/other

On 8/14/05, Justin Willmert <justin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dotan,
>
> I'm glad to here I was a help to you. As a little side comment, I
> thought C++ would be a couple more years in the future when I just
> suddenly took up learning it. I bet you gravitate towards learning C/C++
> before you know it.
>
> Start out with realistic expectations and you'll be happily rewarded.
> Happy Coding!
> Justin

You're probably right. If it weren't for the memory managment, I
probably would have started with C/C++. It seems that prgraming in C
is removing another layer of insulation from between the programer and
the OS. I like that. But I must learn before I start to mess things up
with it.

As a side note, another poster requested that I write back with my
findings on a perl tutorial. I must say: they are all out of date. It
seems that somewhere around 2002 people stopped being interested in
perl. Probably becase of php, because around 2001-2002 we see all the
php tutorials popping up. So I am looking for a hebrew book on perl. I
think that O'reilley has one. I would recommend to that same poster,
and anybody else, to get a book if he wants to learn perl.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/270/inxs.php
INXS Song Lyrics