Re: Mail being silently bounced after turning on SMTP authentication?

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Mi, den 10.08.2005 schrieb Philip Prindeville um 20:01:

However, it seems that I'm not getting certain messages... I suspect.

$ host -t MX redfish-solutions.com
redfish-solutions.com mail is handled by 10 mail.

Fix your DNS to be able to get mail.

That was an unrelated issue that was caused by a scripting issue
at my DNS farm...  I think they've fixed it since they, as "dig"
shows things as being back to normal.

But I continue to suspect that some mail simply isn't finding its
way to me, and I'm not sure why.

In the past, it's been issues with the senders' ISPs, or else with
misconfiguration at various DoD sites (sigh).

-Philip

Is there a way to see if there are any failed transactions? Obviously I want
to protect my machine from being used as a Spam relay, and want to be
able to send messages from my laptop when I'm out on the road, but don't
want to balk at legitimate incoming mail.

/var/log/maillog

Also, where does the logging for spamassassin go and how can you tell
if it's causing messages to be rejected?

same maillog

As far as I can tell, spamassassin isn't even being used... I think that I must
have omitted some tweak to cyrusv2 to get it to include spam filtering...

Cyrus-IMAPd hasn't anything to do with SpamAssassin. Hook SpamAssassin
into the setup using a milter.

-Philip

Alexander