Re: Mail being silently bounced after turning on SMTP authentication?

Am Mi, den 10.08.2005 schrieb Philip Prindeville um 20:01:

> However, it seems that I'm not getting certain messages...  I suspect.

$ host -t MX redfish-solutions.com
redfish-solutions.com mail is handled by 10 mail.

Fix your DNS to be able to get mail.

> Is there a way to see if there are any failed transactions?  Obviously I
> want
> to protect my machine from being used as a Spam relay, and want to be
> able to send messages from my laptop when I'm out on the road, but don't
> want to balk at legitimate incoming mail.

/var/log/maillog

> Also, where does the logging for spamassassin go and how can you tell
> if it's causing messages to be rejected?

same maillog

> As far as I can tell, spamassassin isn't even being used...  I think
> that I must
> have omitted some tweak to cyrusv2 to get it to include spam filtering...

Cyrus-IMAPd hasn't anything to do with SpamAssassin. Hook SpamAssassin
into the setup using a milter.

> -Philip

Alexander

Serendipity 20:11:28 up 2 days, 6:00, load average: 0.08, 0.09, 0.10