Re: name resolution problem when using wired connection for VPN

>         I am going to try this weekend to experiment with removing
> NetworkManager and setting up the wired NIC manually to see if the VPN
> will resolve names correctly in that setup.  I think I did that when
> initially setup the laptop since I had trouble getting the wireless to
> work.  Wireless worked after using NetworkManager.  It still needs some
> work IMHO.
>
>         So by Sunday I hope to have some additional data points on this
> problem.
NetworkManager is sometimes wonky as far as dns is concerned, When I
get issues where I can't get DNS etc. with it I stop NetworkManager
and configure either by hand or using the gui tool. This works but
sometimes requires a reboot. Agreed NetworkManager needswork(tm) but
still shows great promise especially where wireless connections are
concerned.
Bests

JS