Re: name resolution problem when using wired connection for VPN

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 14:06, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 13:19, Rick Stevens wrote:
> > Scot L. Harris wrote:
> > > This is an odd problem.
>

> > Did you check iptables and make sure that it's not blocking eth0 stuff
> > (the wireless is probably wlan0 and may be wide open).
>
> Good idea!  Will check that.  The wireless comes up as eth1 and the
> wired connection is eth0.  But it could be something in iptables.  Will
> check that.

Don't see anything in iptables that would block name resolution when the
VPN is active on the wired port.

I tried disabling iptables as well and no change.

I forgot to include in the first message that IP connectivity works with
VPN and wired connection.  I can ping the name servers but queries time
out.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx