Re: timsieved

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 10:31 -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > Probably should have something like a 'bulk' loader for copy/paste or
> > load from file for existing rule sets.
>
> I'm affraid not.  Ingo saves its configuration to both timsieved and
> into the SQL database (or whatever preferences backend you configured in
> Horde).  For ingo to say "ingo likee", you'd probably have to make a
> script that will transform your rules and update preferences database.
> If using SQL for preferences backend, try something like this (as horde
> or whatever user):
>
> select * from horde_prefs where pref_scope='ingo';
----
I was wondering where this was stashed since it clearly lived beyond a
session and wasn't anywhere in /var/lib/imap/sieve/c/craig and there
wasn't a table devoted to ingo and yes, this info isn't exactly
decipherable by the mere mortal.
----

> I believe that ingo is using that one to generate sieve scripts, and
> doesn't really care what you have stored on sieve server.  If you could
> plant rules from your script into horde_prefs table, it might work ;-)
>
> And no, I have no idea of the internal format of pref_value column.
----
;-)  as always, you are many steps way ahead of me.

When I went from procmail to sieve, I typed in my 30 or so rules since
the 'migration' seemed too tedious to work through. Obviously, it wasn't
that hard with emacs. The interface for adding rules in ingo isn't
exactly designed for speed of entry of a lot of rules but practical for
maintenance afterwards.

I was planning on using autocreatesieve functions for new users but I
think that given the issue with ingo, I would be better off, creating
the Spamassassin entries as they do with the 4 basic rules and let them
'activate' their rules so they can continue to add/modify as they see
fit (i.e. vacation, whitelist, blacklist).

Thanks for staying ahead of me so you can solve my issues.  ;-)

I actually almost emailed you directly on this stuff but thought that
would have been unfair.

Craig