Re: IS FC3 stable?

Thanks Aly, I'll look into that one too.

Pete

Aly Dharshi wrote:

There is also something called Courier IMAP which is a fairly robust POP and IMAP system, which should be included into future FC series. I find that its fairly powerful, haven't used it in a while though.

One thing to remember about Courier IMAP is that IT IS A MAILDIR ONLY system.

Cheers,

    Aly.

I agree Cyrus is different, and not necessarily in a bad way. But I would still like to see a bit more supporting doc's if it's included in the distro. And I love vi, it's just not having to remember the options and configuration parameters to hundreds of programs that I don't like. Even a partial front-end is often all one needs to configure and implement a new package. I also don't really mind editing files, if I know after I'm done it's all going to work. Front-end's usually make that process a bit easier. I remember the days of Xenix and Unix, and I don't long for the days when everything was done through vi. It's called progress. And as I often say to the Linux newcomers, I was into Linux before it was cool, lol, I just have better things to do than edit 6 or 7 files. And thanks for the pointer for Dovecot, that might fit my needs better. I was distressed to see my pop3 server from RH9 was gone, and dovecot doesn't really say 'POP SERVER' to me, so I over-looked it.