Re: ATrpms-issue

Dag Wieers wrote:
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Kristian Poul Herkild wrote:

Craig White wrote:

and you spend all this time trashing his reputation online but not a
second entering a bugzilla as he specifically asked you to do.

shame on you

Craig, for god dammit.
Haven't you read ANY of my posts!?

I've already stated, that I'm collecting the needed documentation to enter a
proper bugreport at bugzilla.atrpms.net. I've stated that in this mailinglist,
in my post to Axel as well as in the above post from me. Read it twice and
you'll see I'm collecting documentation - read my post to Axel and you'll see
a bugreport is coming today.

Please add a link to your bugreport in bugzilla the next time you reply. Actions speak louder than words.

PS I wonder how Axel could have fixed it, if it takes so much time to explain/document/report.

--   dag wieers,  dag@xxxxxxxxxx,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --

This is a good suggestion, if it is possible. I just did a search and I found that I couldn't find one of the bugs I submitted, even though it was on my login page. Clicking on it did not bring it up.

I have had issues with atrpms and have decided to stop using it. This is my choice based on "my" experiences. My biggest issue is when an update for an application is available on another site, I cannot use it due to strange dependencies. I have had to spend hours removing many applications to resolve all the dependency issues. I don't like having to use the nodeps options. Issues that I have yet to find with any other repo that I have used.

I have received the WON'T FIX response as well and in the search I did before posting this, there were 20 bug's that were closed with the WONT FIX response. In Axel's credit, most were due to issues outside his control.

I give credit to anyone that manages a repo. It is hard work and they deserve credit. Anyone that has worked in customer support should recognize the stress that this causes. At least with Linux, we have choices that are not available with the other OS. I made mine and I will leave it up to others to make theirs. This is choice which is one of the things Linux is all about.
--
Robin Laing