[OT] Feeding the trolls (was: ATrpms-issue (was: ...))

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 09:12:29AM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 16:11 +0100, Kristian Poul Herkild wrote:
> > Craig White wrote:
> > > sir - I don't know you but this is 'American colloquialism' -
> > > pure BS
> > >
> > > I quote your original post...'he doesn't really care about the
> > > mess, he's unnecessarily creating for the rest of us.'
> > >
> > > Now - you're 'not afraid of using the axe whenever it is
> > > justified' but earlier today, he doesn't care about the mess he's
> > > unnecessarily creating.'
> > >
> > > You apparently don't see the absurdity of your statements that I
> > > see.
> > >
> > > What I see is that Axel spends a lot of his own resources for the
> > > benefit of a lot of people and I can appreciate that someone runs
> > > into a problem with files used from his repository. I remember
> > > this occurring with many other repositories too. Your accusation
> > > of him not caring goes against all evidence to the contrary.

> > Well, I'm danish and english isn't my native language, so your first
> > line is a bit unclear to me.
> > However it is clear that you consider my post as pure B(ull)S(hit). That
> > is a perfectly valid opinion to have - no matter how silly it is, since
> > you haven't done any research whatsoever.
> > You haven't read earlier posts from me (maybe you don't have them? In
> > which case you cannot read them, of course) - you haven't done any
> > google'ing.
> > I found a post describing exactly what I'm describing (and with
> > documentation) and it took less than five seconds of google'ing. And it
> > was a post I haven't seen before.
> > And Axel's reply to that post was:
> > 1) There is no such problem (sic!)
> > 2) If proven otherwise, I will not fix it.
> > 3) I don't have valid reasons to not fix it.

Wow, I did all that? In this life or as a dictator of some country in
one my former lives?

> > Turns out the problem was proved to exist and Axel right out said it
> > wouldn't be fixed. And true to his word, it hasn't been fixed even
> > though it's 11 months ago now. So my actions are perfectly justified.
> >
> > Do some google'ing on "dependencies atrpms" or "remove atrpms" or
> > "problems atrpms" and so on. You'll see that Axel knows about it, and
> > knows how to solve it - even solving downloadbandwidth issue for users
> > with modem - and you'll see that he just doesn't want to fix it. Rather
> > he'll keep up using his microsoftish approach.
> >
> > And last but not least. I don't have problems with other repositories -
> > just ATrpms, which is why I'm removing them manually, while saving
> > documentation on the troubles with his packages.
> >
> > As long as Axel refuses to fix these easily fixed issues, I'll smite him
> > with my axe ;)
> and you spend all this time trashing his reputation online but not a
> second entering a bugzilla as he specifically asked you to do.

Probably because Kristian has no motivation in doing so, he prefers to
have a catfight.

Not to mention that even though all of google/lists/the world supports
Kristian's conspiracy theory of ATrpms injecting broken packages and
arrogantly refusing to fix these, he doesn't even come up with a URL
supporting the heavy misquotes (I would have never ever said someting
like "If proven [that there is a problem], I will not fix it").

> shame on you

Ditto, now everyone still in puberty please leave this thread. ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net