Re: nvidia and xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 19:25 +0100, Kristian Poul Herkild wrote:

> Don't even think about using .at-packages. Alex Thimm likes to use this
> list to spread his packages - without ever fixing the many issues
> arrising from using them (those have been proved to exist by me and many
> others). It's better to do a search in google on the issue, and on
> NVidia-drivers basically "nvidia driver rpm fc3 -atrpms" (the latter
> being to remove all results in relation to ATrpms! - very important to
> remember).
>
> You didn't have to remove mesa, I can recommend using SmartPM to solve
> most issues. Just don't use an ATrpms-package - they screw up your
> system, by adding fictious dependencies and conflicting with everything
> but other ATrpms-packages.
>
> Why Alex Thimm has chosen a Microsoftish approach is unclear to me, but
> as can be seen from an answer to me from AT, he doesn't really care
> about the mess, he's  unnecessarily creating for the rest of us.
>
> (Now he's gonna get pissed, I guess :p )
----
I think that this was a cheap shot post all the way.

I have had nothing but success with Axel's repository and would
wholeheartedly recommend using it with dag's and freshrpms.

You are wrong that the doesn't care - he has demonstrated time and time
again that the cares.

Obviously, you have an axe to grind and have no hesitation to grind it.

I hate to have to see him defend himself against inflated attacks like
this.

Craig