Re: Forums...

Matthew Miller wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 01:01:34AM -0500, Phillip B. Roberts -
> Phimagroup.net wrote:
>> Hey all. Just wondering if there are good forums set up for Fedora or
>> not?
>
> Why yes, there's several at:
>
> <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=fedora+forum>
>

>> It is easier for me to read forums than try and keep up with emails, even
>> though every night I spend some time going through these emails, I just
>> find it easier to browse forums. If not, would anyone be interested in
>> using them if I were to set them up on one of my domains?
>
> I don't see the advantage of using a kludgy web-based messageboard
> interface instead of a dedicated client specifically designed to deal with
> this sort of thing, but hey, to each his or her own. But if you really
> want a web-based interface, why not just subscribe to this list from
> gmail?

And you can always read the emails on gmane and using knode, which is what
I'm doing at the moment. That way, you see everything as part of a
newsgroup and you can still take part, or ignore what you're not interested
in.

Take care
Sharon.
--
 16:43:49 up 6 days, 18:19,  1 user,  load average: 1.34, 1.35, 1.31
A taste of linux http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/efever/index.html