Re: Forums...

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 01:57 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 01:01:34AM -0500, Phillip B. Roberts - Phimagroup.net wrote:
> > Hey all. Just wondering if there are good forums set up for Fedora or not?
>
> Why yes, there's several at:
>
> <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=fedora+forum>
>

> > It is easier for me to read forums than try and keep up with emails, even
> > though every night I spend some time going through these emails, I just find
> > it easier to browse forums. If not, would anyone be interested in using them
> > if I were to set them up on one of my domains?
>
> I don't see the advantage of using a kludgy web-based messageboard interface
> instead of a dedicated client specifically designed to deal with this sort
> of thing, but hey, to each his or her own. But if you really want a
> web-based interface, why not just subscribe to this list from gmail?

Funny you should have say that. I recently acquired a Google Mail
account. It allows me to store 1 GB of prior, threaded "conversations"
on any subject. In essence, it lets me build a mini-archive of the
Fedora Core List and of every other list that I'm on. Sure,
housecleaning becomes a chore (figuring out what conversations you want
to keep, backing them up to your own CD, etc., etc., etc.). But it does
make archived e-mail easier to manage all around. And best of all, it's
free of charge, totally independent of your ISP, you can set your e-mail
addresses to all your correspondents once and for all, and it has its
own POP and SMTP servers--no "forwarding" required. Why *not* use it?
--
Temlakos <temlakos@xxxxxxxxx>