Re: Newbie

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 11:38:31AM -0500, Mark Weaver wrote:

Ok, so let the war begin!
What version of Linux would be the best for me?

Try RedHat 9 first, since you're already somewhat familiar with RedHat via Fedora Core.

Okay, I admit I missed part of this discussion, but why in the world would
you suggest taking a step backwards like that? Fedora Core 3 is (by my
estimation) approximately what Red Hat Linux 10.1 would have been -- why
bother with 9?

primarily because FC3 is on the bleeding edge of where RH is going, whereas RH9 is stable and not in a state of development flux. That being the case its far easier to learn the basics on a more stable platform rather than having to learn on a platform that most certainly has quirks as FC3 certainly does.

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."