Re: Haldaemon and Vmware

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Cyber Source wrote:

> Thanks Dan,
>   It's a miracle I found your response between all the freakin posts
> about html......
>
> Dan Anderson wrote:
>
>  For me,
>
> chkconfig --add vmware
>
> worked. Looks like they forgot to add a link to rc0.d when they did
> the initscripts.

Interesting.  I did a fresh install of VMware and applied the
vmware-any-any-update84 patch (and copied /dev/vm* to /etc/udev).  All
links are there (although the rc5.d and rc6.d links are absolute and the
others are relative).  This doesn't seem to affect the behavior.

The problem occurs whether shutting down (rc0) or rebooting (rc6).

Since this thread started, I've noticed that haldaemon seems to crash on
occasion (leaving no trace that I can see).  I'm wondering if that has
something to do with this.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences