Re: Fedora Extras is extra

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 21:18 +0100, Bernd Radinger wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 08:23:09 -0600, Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > No package at Fedora.us modifies flac or alsa-lib or causes it to be
> > > removed. None of the packages ``updates'' FC. By definition,
> > > Fedora.Extras are not permitted to update FC. Again, your theory is
> > > void..., FUD as Dag Wieers put it. Fact the facts or prove otherwise.
> > >
> > Dag did not call it FUD,  That was Michael.
>
> GMail search only lists Dag. It is only his messages in which to find
> the word ``FUD''. Latest quote from this thread: ``BTW if people
> encounter problems with packages, they should report them. I'm sure
> Axel's packages do not fail on fc3 and implying so without
> verification is indeed FUD.'' Whether Axel or another repository, this
> is exactly what applies to you.

<snip>

> > I understand it exactly, and my experience provided a stark example of
> > that.
>
> No example, no session log, no bugzilla, just FUD.
>
> --
> Bernd ``who's getting bored of Jeff and who thinks installing
> additional software on FC is still too hard if you are supposed to
> search for software in unknown places'' R.

Bernd,
Sorry to disillusion you, but this is the text of the message sent to me
by Michael Schwendt on 11/30

Jeff,

after a second person forwarded this to me, I feel the need to reply
to your FUD:

<snip>

> trying to remove some libraries that were required by installed
> packages.  I removed fedora.us from my list of repositories and the
> update went flawlessly after that.

I don't believe you. No package at fedora.us upgrades or downgrades
any packages from Fedora Core. No package at fedora.us provides or
obsoletes anything included within Fedora Core. All add-ons depend on
Fedora Core.

And of course, you have not kept any session log.

Michael