Re: Fedora Core 3 hangs after 12 hours of inactivity

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 23:21, Colin Moore wrote:
> AMD 1800 XP
> TV Tuner Card (WinTV)
> ATI Radeon 8500LE Video Card
[...]

> But after a few hours of inactivity (usually once I got to bed and
> wake up the next day) I find that the box is hung.

Ack, similar here. A GL screen saver might kick in which is loading your
system. That means temperatures are going up, and the good old AMDs are
prone to just locking if they get a bit too hot. Try opening the case
and re-test. If better, consider a better CPU cooling. (For my dual MP
1900 in a sub-tropical region, only water-cooling helped at the end :-(
).

BTW, WIN seems to load the system less (worse scheduler? ;) ). The
problem occurs less frequent there.

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo@xxxxxxxx>
http://www.HaJo.Net