Re: Fedora Core 3 hangs after 12 hours of inactivity

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 10:21, Colin Moore wrote:
> But after a few hours of inactivity (usually once I got to bed and
> wake up the next day) I find that the box is hung. The monitor just
> says that there is no signal. When I try to ping the linux box from
> the lap top I get host unreachable. When I try to SSH into the box I
> get host timed out.

This sounds like the old GL screen saver problem.  In the past there was
a problem with some of the screen savers, believe this was isolated to
the GL type screen savers.  Disable all screen savers and see if that
resolves the problem.

If it does then you can go back in and select a few of the non GL type
screen savers to see if that fixes the problem.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

An apple every eight hours will keep three doctors away.