Re: Fedora Core 3 hangs after 12 hours of inactivity

Colin Moore wrote:
> I start up my computer and it is useable and normal. I can go about my
> normal routines. I can even ping the linux box from my windows based
> laptop and I can even SSH into the linux box from the laptop as well.
> Like I said everything is great.
>
> But after a few hours of inactivity (usually once I got to bed and
> wake up the next day) I find that the box is hung. The monitor just
> says that there is no signal. When I try to ping the linux box from
> the lap top I get host unreachable. When I try to SSH into the box I
> get host timed out.

It might well be the X screensaver problem that others have mentioned.

If it isn't, before you leave your computer, press "Ctrl+Alt+F1". (You
can press "Alt+F7", with or without the Ctrl, to get back).

That will put you in console mode. There's a good chance you'll see
debugging messages when you come back.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | ... where the teams bring a completely new definition
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | to the word 'entertainment', while retaining the full,