Re: Help diagnosing a lockup

RoboticGolem wrote, On 11/11/2004 12:48 AM:
Here we go!   Dont know if anyone is having problems I found a tidbit
of info that seems to have solved my problem entirely (sp?).  I read
the README (lol) for the nvidia driver from top to bottom (including
all the stuff that 'didnt' apply to my hardware) and found a note
about agp drive strength.  Most nvidia hardware runs best somewhere
inbetween 0xEA and 0xEE and it mentions never set it to 0xFF (or any F
variant) because it'll cause instability.  Its stopped my 'lockups'
totally (least for the last day or two) but I still got an xserver
crash with sig4 the other day.  =/  But I'm happy and I hope this
helps others too.

-Matt

P.S. Time to wipe the drive and install FC3

Sorry, I don't exactly understand what file you changed to adjust the parameter you refer to, "agp drive strength." Also, would this apply to stock "nv" driver as well as proprietary "nvidia" driver?

Still locking up even with latest fc2 kernel and xorg upgrade.

-gene