Re: Help diagnosing a lockup

Federico Tello Gentile wrote, On 11/06/2004 01:56 PM:
Sadly I can't do a remote login here, this PC is not on a network.
I'll leave the memtest running eventually, but I never had this
problem running windows since I bought it, and it has been about 2
years.
I didn't try to insert a CD, but I will next time. The CD autorun is
not making the unit light flash ever.

I assume you are running the generic "vesa" driver? That seems to help for me.

On mine I see the disk light flash when there is no cd installed. Not sure about when a cd is inserted if it stops. But I guess if music keeps playing after lock that indicates no crash too.

Someone below mentioned going with fc3. Possibly it fixes these type of problems. Guess I had hoped fc2 whould become stable like fc1 was reported. Maybe I will move to fc3 when I get a chance. Hopefully a clean install would not be required?

-gene