Re: Help diagnosing a lockup

Gene Smith wrote:

> Sorry, I don't exactly understand what file you changed to adjust the
> parameter you refer to, "agp drive strength." Also, would this apply to
> stock "nv" driver as well as proprietary "nvidia" driver?

I know that this is available through a number of BIOSes: it's usually
kept well out of the way in advanced settings. It's a per-chipset or
per-motherboard setting, so I'm sceptical that it can be switched in
configuration files.

And I've no idea whether it's needed for the "nv" driver: I shouldn't
think it does enough AGP stiff to make much of a difference. You could
try.

> Still locking up even with latest fc2 kernel and xorg upgrade.

My condolences.

Remind me, does this only happen in X?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Say it with flowers, send a triffid
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |