Re: P4 Motherboard for File Server

The server I'm planning on setting up is mainly for use on my Gigabit
Ethernet LAN.  I plan on using it mainly for storage and backups.
Yea, I do have Apache running on another machine and will probably tie
the two together.  But the web site is a private family genealogy
based system.  Not a lot of bandwidth needed except for all of those
photos.

>From what I'm reading I think I'm hearing that I should blow off the
PCI-X slots and go with a cheaper motherboard.  This all would have
been a mote point if 3Ware had had even one P4/PCI-X board listed on
their compatibility list.

Paul