Problems with CD-R

I just upgraded from FC2, clean install for the upgrade.  But now my CD-R
does not work.  Well, that is not true it works fine as root but not as my
normal user.  I have tried to look for a bug report in Bugzilla to no
avail.  TIA.  I am using a USB connected CD-R.

cdrecord output as normal user:
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are
root.
cdrecord: Permission denied. Cannot open '/dev/pg0'. Cannot open SCSI
driver. scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
scsidev: '0,0,0'
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using
setpriority().
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot do mlockall(2).
cdrecord: Continuing in 5 seconds...
cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive dependent
defaults.
cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.
cdrecord: No write mode specified.

%>sudo cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a27-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
Jörg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
<warly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in this
version.
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.31
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version (schily
- Red Hat-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.80-RH '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c        1.80
04/03/08 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'SONY    ' 'DVD RW DRU-500A ' '2.0c' Removable CD-ROM
0,1,0     1) *
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *

%> sudo cdrecord -dev=help
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a27-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
Jörg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
<warly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in this
version.
Supported SCSI transports for this platform:

Transport name:         sg
Transport descr.:       Generic transport independent SCSI
Transp. layer ind.:
Target specifier:       bus,target,lun
Target example:         1,2,0
SCSI Bus scanning:      supported
Open via UNIX device:   not supported

Transport name:         pg
Transport descr.:       SCSI transport for ATAPI over Parallel Port
Transp. layer ind.:
Target specifier:       bus,target,lun
Target example:         1,2,0
SCSI Bus scanning:      supported
Open via UNIX device:   not supported

Transport name:         ATA
Transport descr.:       ATA Packet specific SCSI transport
Transp. layer ind.:     ATAPI:
Target specifier:       bus,target,lun
Target example:         ATAPI:1,2,0
SCSI Bus scanning:      supported
Open via UNIX device:   not supported

Transport name:         ATA
Transport descr.:       ATA Packet specific SCSI transport using sg
interface Transp. layer ind.:     ATA:
Target specifier:       bus,target,lun
Target example:         1,2,0
SCSI Bus scanning:      supported