Re: FC2 - Strange Ethernet Behavior

Hello again to all

Followup info on the networking problem I'm getting on FC2 (connection speed plummeting for no apparent reason after ~1MB of sustained traffic). I've managed to rule out our main router and firewall as a potential source, as the problem is appearing between hosts on the internal LAN, going through a very nice switch. I've also ruled out the TCP Window Scale suggestion by Andy Green - tried various network ops (internal LAN) with and without scaling, no effect whatsoever. I have further confirmed 100% that the problem is restricted to our FC2 boxes only. We have a Debian box that is running kernel 2.6.7, same as the FC2's, and is using the same NIC model & module as at least one of our FC2's, but that debian system has none of these strange network behaviors.

Any other suggestions, anyone?

John K.