Configuring Sendmail?

Can anyone tell me how to configure sendmail so that the messages don't appear to be coming from root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?

I have two FC2 file servers (one primary, and one backup) at a client site which I occasionally want to send e-mail messages to me (from LogWatch, cron, etc.) so that I can keep tabs on their status. But the messages seem to be getting bounced by their ISP because of the mail headers. And I do get messages complaining about a possible open relay, which isn't the case, because I've got a firewall running and the attached messages are always the "system" messages I'm expecting.

I get messages like this:

The original message was received at Wed, 18 Aug 2004 05:43:15 -0400
from localhost
with id i7I9hE33029531

mc2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   (reason: 590 <>... NJABL Open Proxy ** [aaa.bb.ccc.dd] ** See http://dnsbl.njabl.org)
   (expanded from: <root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>)

451 4.4.1 reply: read error from mail0.lightlink.com.
... while talking to mail1.lightlink.com.:

MAIL From:<> SIZE=4302

<<< 590 <>... NJABL Open Proxy ** 129.44.215.166 ** See http://dnsbl.njabl.org
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

[snip]

And to make it a bit more confusing, I do occasionally receive the messages from cron, but not logwatch.

Is there a way for outgoing mail to be sent from an address more acceptable to the ISP? The client "master" e-mail address for instance?

Any assistance will be most appreciated.

--
Mitch Wiedemann
mc^2 Computer Consulting