Re: OpenOffice.org PDFs and gPDF

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 23:34, D. D. Brierton wrote:
[snip]
> In the meantime it would be good if another FC2 user would see if they
> have the same problem.

Yes, I'm having this problem as well. I tend to agree that the problem
is gpdf. I recently downloaded and installed the free true-type font
Gentium:

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=Gentium_linux

The package includes proofs of the font in pdf files. Acrobat Reader and
GGV display the proper font, gpdf makes a font substitution. I noticed
your using Bitstream Vera Sans. I have the same problem with this font.

OK, I just tried something that suggests that OOo contributes to this
problem. Instead of running the Writer file through the pdf converter, I
printed to a file (postscript) and then ran that through ps2pdf:

$ ps2pdf Test.ps

The resulting pdf renders properly in gpdf.

I'd experiment some more, but it's time for bed.

HTH,

Jeff