Re: OpenOffice.org PDFs and gPDF

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 21:59, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 03:38, Marc Schwartz wrote:
> > That looks like the DEBUG error messages from the initial FC2 version of
> > ghostscript.
> >
> > What version of ghostscript do you have installed?
> >
> > If it is the default 7.07-25, grab the newer RPMS from:
> >
> > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/
> >
> > or from one of the mirrors.
> >
> > I did that a while back and it solved the PDF/PS issues, which included
> > the DEBUG errors.
>
> Well the thing is that whilst ggv (and yes, I am indeed running
> ghostscript 7.07-25) does throw up that error dialog, it goes on to
> display the file correctly. The problem is with gpdf, which uses xpdf
> not ghostscript to render the output. If you take a look at the
> screenshots linked to in the previous post you'll pretty quickly see
> what I mean.
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> Best, Darren

That is indeed correct. But OO.org uses ghostscript to create the PDF
file...so the problem is not (I believe) with your PDF viewer, but with
the manner in which the PDF file was generated in the first place.

Try the new RPMS. When I was using the initial ghostscript version with
FC2, the DEBUG message(s) would be displayed and indeed the file would
then display properly after clearing the messages.

Regards,

Marc