Re: OpenOffice.org PDFs and gPDF

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 02:42, Charles Curley wrote:
> On FC1, I just fired up the thre viewers you mentioned with a one page
> document I generated on OpenOffice.org 1.1.0 -- installed from
> tarball, not the FC RPM. With xpdf, I got this error message:
> "Warning: Cannot convert string
> "-*-times-medium-r-normal--16-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1" to type
> FontStruct". Otherwise I had no problems. I opened up a much longer
> document (created with OpenOffice.org 1.1.1 from tarball) with gpdf,
> and had no problems. Perhaps you have an oddball font or a font
> problem?

Thanks for the feedback. Very useful in trying to narrow it down to a
test case. The document I was using before was using Bitstream Vera
Sans, so I don't think it was a font problem. Here are some screenshots
of what I'm seeing with a much simpler document using OOo's default font
which on my system (FC2) is Bitstream Vera Serif (I don't know if that
is some setting left over from some previous version of OOo or some
previous distro), along with the PDF file itself:

http://www.brierton.plus.com/OOo/

The error ggv gives when opening test.pdf is:

There was an error while scaning the file: /home/darren/test.pdf
DEBUG: no psname was provided.
DEBUG: no psname was provided.

What I have installed is:

$ rpm -q gpdf xpdf ggv openoffice.org