Re: OpenOffice.org PDFs and gPDF

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 04:10, Marc Schwartz wrote:
> That is indeed correct. But OO.org uses ghostscript to create the PDF
> file...so the problem is not (I believe) with your PDF viewer, but with
> the manner in which the PDF file was generated in the first place.
>
> Try the new RPMS. When I was using the initial ghostscript version with
> FC2, the DEBUG message(s) would be displayed and indeed the file would
> then display properly after clearing the messages.

Thanks, Marc. I'll look into upgrading to some of the rawhide packages
and see if that helps. But the fact that gpdf displays the file
incorrectly, whilst xpdf and ggv (and Acrobat Reader on WinXP) display
it correctly suggests to me that the problem lies with gpdf. But I will
look into your suggestion.

In the meantime it would be good if another FC2 user would see if they
have the same problem.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com