Re: Problems with Gnome and Samba after Yum...

Actually, I'm using a 2.6.7 kernel compiled from source. Would there be any benefit to using a kernel supplied by Fedora?

On another note, after toying with this for a bit, it seems this problem is intermittent. After first installing FC2 I had no problem mounting and browsing an XP Pro share. The issue started happening when I tried to browse a true Samba share (running on FC1, samba-3.0.4-1). However, I have been able to reboot and successfully use the share. Rebooting is becoming a frequent process because Nautilus dies miserably and I have not figured out how to restart it properly.

I will try a Fedora supplied kernel and see if I have any luck.

Thanks,

Aaron Griffith

Paul Peeler wrote:

Try using a kernel version 2.6.7* for your samba problem. Though with
the gnome issue, I have no idea what the problem is. My core 2 machine
does not even see gnome there anymore...

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:07:00 -0300, Steven Garrity